Invisalign vs. Braces
Comparing Invisalign vs. Braces in Colorado Springs
For many years, traditional metal braces have been used to correct teeth. However, Invisalign clear aligners have become very popular. Invisalign aligners are more expensive than traditional braces, but because they provide key benefits, traditional braces do not offer. Our Colorado Springs dentists offer Invisalign or Clear Correct aligners at our dental office. In this article, we compare the pros and cons of Invisalign vs. braces.
Invisalign vs. Braces: Which is Better?
Many people who are considering orthodontic treatment wonder if Invisalign works as well as traditional braces. Invisalign has been successfully straightening smiles for over 20 years. As more advanced dental technology continues to come out, Kissing Camels Family Dentistry can solve about 95% of dental problems just by using Invisalign. As we mentioned before, traditional braces are the more affordable option. Additionally, our friend Dr. Beth Herko, a dentist in New Providence, NJ, points out that some patients are not the right candidate for Invisalign or braces. You can always set up a virtual dental consultation with one of our doctors. We will help you decide which treatment is best for you.
Advantages of Invisalign
At Kissing Camels Family Dentistry, the benefits of Invisalign outweigh those of traditional braces. Some of these advantages include:
- Subtle treatment.
- No brackets or wires are needed.
- Easily removable for eating, drinking, and brushing teeth.
- There are no dietary restrictions during therapy.
- Custom aligners are more comfortable.
- Fixes all dental imperfections
- There are several to pick from, including lingual and ceramic.
- Customization for brackets and bands.
Cons of Invisalign
- Invisalign transparent aligners are a commitment. Patients must wear their aligners for 22 hours a day until treatment is over.
- If aligners are not properly cared for, they can be lost.
- Only approximately 5% of severe cases can be treated (but can correct more than 95 percent )
- When speaking, smiling, or taking photographs, braces are very evident.
- Brushing and flossing properly is tough, which can result in stains and other oral hygiene difficulties.
- There are a variety of food restrictions, including popular snacks such as popcorn, chewing gum, and hard candies.
- Require frequent visits to the dentist
- Broken brackets and other mishaps necessitate further orthodontist visits.
- Furthermore, patients may cut their mouths on their brackets when doing activities.
Contact Kissing Camels Family Dentistry
So, which option is for me? Invisalign vs. Braces. Ultimately, Invisalign and traditional braces both offer so many benefits. Since every smile is different, one treatment might be better than the other. If you’d like to have the perfect smile, contact Kissing Camels Family Dentistry in Colorado Springs, CO. Our team is happy to see you for an Invisalign consultation. Contact us today!